• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop problem (not showing the image)

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hy,

i just installed photoshop on my new laptop and it does not show any images when i open them.

like you can see in teh image that i posted i have a picture opened (its also so in a layer)

i can use photoshop but i dont see anyting changing in the normal area( is does change in the layer box.)

i tried with different pictures

pleas help

photoshop problem.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

You can enable/disable OpenGL drawing in Photoshop's preferences, under the Performance tab.

And you need to go to NVidia's web site and update your driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, how were you running your three monitors?

Some cards allow for direct connections to three monitors, but some users employ multiple video cards, or perhaps a card from AJA, BM or Matrox (most of those are also doing video editing, and using those 3rd party cards for some other things, as well).

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I am not sure, our IT guy set it up for me. Sorry I couldnt provide more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Start>Run, type "dxdiag," without the " marks. When it runs, and is ready surveying your system, look at the Display Tab.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fbcwylie1966 wrote:

After a lengthy chat with Adobe...
There response was to talk with Microsoft and of course in talking with Microsoft they said it was Adobe.

Oh, and one other thing:  You've left out an important 3rd party in all this, though I'm sure both Adobe and Microsoft must have mentioned them...  The video card maker / display driver writer (e.g., nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc.).

Edit:  I see Bill mentioned video card(s) as well.  A very good question to answer is whether you're using more than one video card, especially if they're different.  That's not something that's handled well with GPU-accelerated applications in general.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they had me walk through my directory and rename the file...didn't help. Then they asked for information on my video card. No other response in reference to the video card. In the end they asked how many monitors I was using. That's when I was told about what they tested the software against and who to contact (microsoft) to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd believe everything Adobe telephone support tells you.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> when Adobe released CS6 it was only tested with one monitor.

Boy is that incorrect.

We tested with up to 12 monitors, on both platforms (yes, we got some help from a video card vendor :-).

And yes, I fixed the bug that previously limited Photoshop to 6 monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

That is great to know, and thank you for posting.

Hunt

PS - 12 monitors, eh? I have trouble keeping up with just 2 large ones...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, I've been wanting to get a 30 incher and rotate my two 20 inchers up to portrait orientation and put them along the sides.  They happen to have the same ppi and the 30 incher's 1600 pixels vertically would exactly match the 20 inchers.  Something very much like this:

http://i.imgur.com/5zaOb.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem face it 2 month ,,, pls help me friends ... cant show any images in photoshoot cs6 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I did both those things and still no luck. I also disabled my 3rd monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! finally got it to work with your solution.  Not sure what will be next but by going to Performance in preferences and turning off the Graphics accelerator...everything seems to be working. Thanks@!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well.  I think its some kind of glitch.  Go to performance and uncheck or check the Use Graphics Processor setting. If you cant find the setting, try this  https://www.bleepingworld.com/fix-photoshop-image-not-showing-solved/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Katie Crane.  The link was very helpful and I'm back on track editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this problem occurs again after it solved

[Message from moderator: Do not add URLs/websites to your signature or your account will be banned]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uncheck Use Graphic Processor
Edit/ Prefrences/ Performance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines