Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Problem with crop tool and clone brush

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there people!

I have a problem with Photoshop. When I use the crop tool, it messes with my image resolution. The DPI are getting to crazy high numbers. (see attached image). If I don't crop the resolution is normaly 300dpi.

Also when I use the clone tool, even if I use the default brush, it paints like a pixelated spray tool. (also attached an image).

I've tried disabling the graphics gard accelaration but it didn't solve the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Hi @Leftis79GR 

You didn't show the options bar for the Crop tool, but most likely you have a resolution set there. Reset the Crop tool. Right-click it in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool.

You didn't show the options bar for the Clone or Brush tools tools either, but most likely you have a blending mode of Dissolve set. Reset both tools. Right-click each in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool. You can also reset all tools to speed things up.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leftis79GR 

You didn't show the options bar for the Crop tool, but most likely you have a resolution set there. Reset the Crop tool. Right-click it in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool.

You didn't show the options bar for the Clone or Brush tools tools either, but most likely you have a blending mode of Dissolve set. Reset both tools. Right-click each in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool. You can also reset all tools to speed things up.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right on both occations and thank you very much!

I don't know how these two settings were messed up. I'm using Photoshop for past 8 years, but I'm doing specific actions on my images. I never try to change anything like this. Anyway, thank you very much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Leftis79GR. Options on tools are sticky, so once set they stay that way until changed again. When a tool doesn't work as expected, then Reset it.

The blending modes have keyboard shortcuts and you may have pressed it accidentally when trying to do something else.

Dissolve

Shift + Alt + I

Shift + Option + I

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines