• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop problem

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been learning photoshop with skill share recently and we have gotten to a part where we are using the lasso tool a lot for selecting certain images. There was another way to make these selections involving the pen tool and my first couple days using  it was very beneficial to the process and getting very specific with my selections. But recently when i make a selection with my pen tool and whether its add or subtract it takes away the main selection and only focuses on the pen tools selection. If anyone could please help me out it would be great cause ive been trying for a week now and would love to get back in the groove of things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The pen tools has three modes of Operation. Shape. Path, Pixel.  And Shape Paths can be merger to combine the the paths together.  Pen Paths can be converted to Shapes, Selection. Mask.  Selections can be saved as as Alpha channel.  Calculations can combine two Alpha channel into a third alpha channel.  Alpha channels can be loads as a selection.  There is a lot Flexible.   With the Pen tool  you do not directly make selection.  However, when you make a selection using a Pen path you have options for combining the selection with the Active selection. 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines