• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop. Problems with profiles, display and save images.

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Please help me figure out the problem with the profiles.

Please see the screenshots. In Photoshop, the picture has an sRGB profile (picture - RGB, 8 bit). White circle (it's really white, #ffffff), brown lettering. But in Photoshop it is displayed with excessive yellowness.

At the same time, when you save this picture, it turns blue (!)

The format of the picture is png, but with jpg things are strange too.

But I decided not to overload this topic with unnecessary information. Let's just consider this situation.

I really need competent advice. All that I found in Google and Adobe support - "you have the wrong monitor" (but everything worked well for 4 years) or "put sRGB".

I would be grateful for any hint! 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a broken monitor profile. If you're not using a calibrator, monitor/laptop manufacturers distribute their own generic monitor profiles through Windows Update, and these profiles are very often defective in various ways. It's a very common problem.

Again, the proper fix is a calibrator, but if you don't have one, replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 here. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it loads the monitor profile at startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines