Photoshop program error after creating a new layer

Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I installed the latest version of Photoshop last week. I'm working with Windows 10.
Since then I have repeated program errors after creating a new layer from a selection.
Photoshop will not be able to execute any more commands after that, nor will it be able to save.
I read a tip in the community that you should only make the background layer visible. That actually worked. After that, you can at least save again, but working like this is of course not pleasant.
But how can I fix the actual cause?
Hope someone of you can help me.
Best, Katja

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop program error after creating a new layer

Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I installed the latest version of Photoshop last week. I'm working with Windows 10.
Since then I have repeated program errors after creating a new layer from a selection.
Photoshop will not be able to execute any more commands after that, nor will it be able to save.
I read a tip in the community that you should only make the background layer visible. That actually worked. After that, you can at least save again, but working like this is of course not pleasant.
But how can I fix the actual cause?
Hope someone of you can help me.
Best, Katja

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 08, 2021 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katja,

Sorry to hear about this. Please have a look at this article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html#Programerrorwhilesavingfiles

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,
thank you for your answer.
Indeed, saving is possible when I have only the background layer visible. But then the program does not execute any other commands and I have to quit and restart Photoshop first if I want to continue working.
Renaming the file as described in point 4 has no effect on the problem.
Is there any other solution without me having to go back to the previous Photoshop version?
Regards,
Katja

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 09, 2021 0
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

the latest Update solved the problem.
Best Wishes, Katja

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021 0