Photoshop program error and can't end program

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have downloaded PS2021. I can get the main opening screen up but when I try to load a photograph I get an error message "could not complete your request because of a program error. Not only does that message apppear but I am unable to close the program either by the Xin the top right hand side or the close . the file  heading. The only way that I can remove the program is to turn off the the computer

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]
[Using your email as a question title does not work to let people help you]

TOPICS
Activation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem on two computers (desktop and laptop). Tried to uninstall and reinstall. Error keeps coming.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now mid-2021 using v22.4.1and the problem persists. I was using Photoshop ok just last week. All of a sudden yesterday I go to open it and I get the program error. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling a previous version but to no avail.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  Didn't even know it updated to 22.4.1, but yesterday it worked fine.  Even this morning I did a pdf export.  Since noon today, "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

Seems to happen every few months.  Can't work.  Grr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reverted to Photoshop 2020 with success, but since I was only learning Photoshop's 3D features and I no longer need that, I'll probably try returning to the updated version to see if it's stable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines