Photoshop, program errors, app not opening neither allowing me to save any document

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I Hope you are Being and doing great during these unprecedented time.

I have just reset my iMac system believing Catalina was slowing my old iMac (2014). I called Apple support and my iMac though old is running very well acording to them.

Before resetting the system photshop did not allow me to save any working document because of program errors, after resetting the system is not even opening due to same error.

Is there anything else you can please advice me to do? 

I have to say that my experience has not been smooth as much as I would like it to be!

I require Photoshop for my daily graphic design work!

Please advice!

Happy holidays

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, FAQ, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop, program errors, app not opening neither allowing me to save any document

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I Hope you are Being and doing great during these unprecedented time.

I have just reset my iMac system believing Catalina was slowing my old iMac (2014). I called Apple support and my iMac though old is running very well acording to them.

Before resetting the system photshop did not allow me to save any working document because of program errors, after resetting the system is not even opening due to same error.

Is there anything else you can please advice me to do? 

I have to say that my experience has not been smooth as much as I would like it to be!

I require Photoshop for my daily graphic design work!

Please advice!

Happy holidays

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, FAQ, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using Photoshop 2021? Does your OLD computer allow you to install the NEW Photoshop?

You can also try deleting Photoshop's preferences by quitting Photoshop and then restarting it again while holding down Command+Option+ Shift (control+alt+shift on PC) or by pressing Command K(control K on PC) and select "Reset Preferences on Quit"

hope that helps,
mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

These are the details of my old iMac

I checked the system requirements for Photoshop, It seems that it cn run. It allowed me to install it. Still not able to open or run it. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.08.52 PM.png

I'll try your sugestion and see if it helps!

Thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I see you were able to install Catalina... so I guess it should work. Has it ever worked?

Hopefully removing preferences can help.

best,

mark

headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting
Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0