• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop randomly blurring my images?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I need some help, so I'm no photoshop pro but I am comfortable with what I do which is photography. Most of the stuff I do is pretty simple, sometimes I'll add text or add 3 photos onto one 4x5 canvas and have them on top of eachother vertically. Basically I've done this thousands of times and it always works. Usually I will just edit my photos in Lightroom, then I will click the edit in photoshop button, drag it over to the canvas with the 3 vertical photos template. And resize. It never blurs or loses quality. And even to combat that, sometimes I will export the photo from Lightroom to my computer and then put it in photoshop. 

I was doing a good amount of edits today when all of the sudden my stuff started getting blurry... on Lightroom it's crisp and clean, when I download it it's crisp and clean, but for some reason when I put it on photoshop, it gets pixelated and blurry? I have changed anything so idk why it randomly started doing this? One thing I noticed is that when I click the edit in photoshop button on Lightroom, the image comes in extremely large. I figured maybe for some reason when I was making it smaller it was changing the pixels so I downloaded it as a small image (crisp in Lightroom and on download) yet as soon as it's in photoshop it gets blurry again? 

if someone could help me out that would be great because I pretty much can't edit until my photos are clear and crisp. If you have any questions for my settings or anything lmk but again it has worked 10000 times and I didn't change anything so I'm stumped. Here's some images to make it more clear 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a screenshot of your image >> Image size on the document where it gets blurry? You may have changed the resolution and therefore you don't have enough pixels, and therefore your image is coming too large you scale it down to the lo res document and it looks blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesse5C16_1-1621802176953.png

this is the image size of the background layer? I just want a normal instagram crop 5x4.

Jesse5C16_2-1621802238306.png

this is of the layer with the man with the mustache. still blurry and shows up blurry on export as well.

I have looked into the size of the image but i dont see anything wrong?

here is the canvas size if that matters. thanks.

Jesse5C16_3-1621802335642.png

Jesse5C16_4-1621802367331.png

this is shot with a sony a7iii and is barely cropped, it should not be this blurred but it is for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That last screenshot shows you are at 353% zoom on an image that has only 1080 x 1350 pixels. I am sure your Sony a7iii is capapble of more than that - so somewhere in your process you have downsized your image. Are you sure you have brought in the actual image and not a preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines