Photoshop randomly gets stuck with plain cursor and won't work with any tools

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a new dell laptop, one of the best computers i've ever owned, but photoshop randomly and periodically decides while i'm using a tool to switch back to the arrow cursor. When it does this, I can't zoom in, move, or use any tools, I can only activate buttons in the panels or toolbar, but not actually do anything that affects the image. 

It fixes itself if I close all open documents and reopen them, but It's happening quite frequently, and it is interuppting my workflow a great deal. 

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has also begun happening to me today.  It happens while I am zoomed into the picture and panning.  I think I can reproduce it regularly by panning too quickly.  The cursur changes from a hand to a pointer and all the tools stop working.

My picture is 131M

Photoshop v22.3.0

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041

Intel i7 X990 and 24GB RAM

Performance settings are Memory: letting Photoshop use 13497MB or 60% Cache: default/Photos

My scratch disk is on C: (SSD with 287GB free)

GeForce RTX 2070

Wacom Intuos BT tablet

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphic card driver 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines