Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Raw Grayscale workflow question

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am working with Adobe Photoshop 2018 Camera Raw 11.1.0.122.

I am preparing my images for pre-press for printing in a newspaper. 

When I convert my images to grayscale and select the Color profile Dot Gain 30% everything looks great.

When I open the image as a tiff or jpeg the image looks great and it is still grayscale but in the Histogram I can see there is color information retained. My printer suggests that I use a black only image not a color process (CMYK) for printing grayscale. So even though I have converted to grayscale in Camera Raw I have to open the image as a tiff and select mode>grayscale then I get the warning to disgard color information. FInally my image is all black.

This adds a step to the process. I love the camera raw workflow so I am wondering if there is a way to lose the color information from camera raw?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure about that particular version of Camera Raw since it is an older one. I am currently on the latest version (v. 11.4). When I open an image in there, there is an option with radio button on the top of the Basic page (the default page it opens up to) at the top to have it be either Color or Black & White. I just checked B&W, opened the image into Photoshop and it was truely just B&W. no color data at all. So maybe you can just update your version of Camera Raw to keep the workflow you are looking for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines