• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[LOCKED] Photoshop Robbery - Adobe sucks

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's business model is that of gangsters. I'm not going to be politically correct or polite about it because this is outright theft! Once they hijacked everything to the cloud you either had to prescribe or use your existing software knowing there were no more updates. But to prevent us from using our purchased software should be illegal. Apparently the 800 lb. gorilla can do whatever the hell it wants because no one is policing them. YEARS of customer loyalty mean nothing to this lousy company.

No [Profanity removed by moderator] warning. This isn't about a small fee to get back into the game, this means a totally new system in order to run Photoshop.

This is bullsh*t Adobe and you know it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are that upset with Adobe do something about.  I do not believe you would come out financial ahead of the game taking legal action. IMO Your best course of action it to stop further payments. And remove all Adobe software and find other software the fill you needs. Let Adobe go after you for refusing to pay for faulty software that you no longer have or use. I do not think Adobe will chase you for you have nothing that is theirs. Its not your software its Adobe's.  Nothing you buy last for forever or woke in all new environments.  If you purchased Adobe Perpetual Photoshop versions and Install them on machine. There no problem. If those machine no longer operational is it Adobe fault. Adobe has never supported old version of their software.  Only Adobe executives like's Adobe behavior for its their's

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JJMack,

If you are so interested in participating in this discussion, add some real value and acknowledge the facts. Otherwise go find another place to dump your lack of expertise.

I am doing something about it. The point of this particular posting was to be a warning to others who have purchased at full price, software that used to be considered a completed purchase. Adobe, up until recently allowed me to use my older versions. There was no exit stretegy, just a great big mystery. No notice of what was to come.

There are plenty of other companies that sell software. You buy it and it's yours.  There are plenty of class action suits in process for other criminal business tactics of Adobe. They are not the first and won't be the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. In fact, it DOES NOT WORK on this computer. This is my desktop where I do all of my work. Yes, I have access to it on a newer laptop but I cannot work in Photoshop on my laptop. I COULD HAVE worked on my older PAID versions of Photoshop but Adobe hijacked them. I have an older Mac Pro and PAID versions of Photoshop that Adobe has no right to steal. The older versions have nothing to do with Creative Suites or cloud versions, so why are they stealing the ability for customers who paid FULL PRICE not to be able to use their own software? This should be illegal. If there isn't a class action suit against Adobe yet, there will be soon and I will be participating in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aurora,

Isn't this an amazing company? They sell the full version at full price to their customers, make them pay for all the bug fixes through expensive upgrades and then force them to switch to a paid subscription version. Then to top it off, for all their customers who have been loyal for years, they tell them their operating systems are too old and that they can no longer use Adobe's software but that they can't even use the software that they paid full price. What they are basically saying is... buy a new computer and then you can use our software. Adobe owns a LOT of apple stock. See the deal here? They are the bottom-feeders of the software world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaah, makes senses. I was wondering why they would just turn their back to the good ol' loyal customers and figured they were just making a clear choice in who they were targetting but... Well now that you talk about it it clearly looks like an iSh*t move. And their softwares are good enough that a lot people of people will just tag along because there's no real good competitor to them. I also get it now why they offer mobile version only on iPad and not on Android - which, again, is a bummer.

My laptop fella is a 6 years old Asus and as good as new! Just like my Wacom Intuos drawing tablet, heckin' 14 years old and it just can't get old. No built-in obsolescence, only the wear of years. I am definitely not ninterested in "upgrading" to more recent devices and certainely not Apple.

Anyway, I just cancelled my subscription. Thank you for the info! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offered no exit stretegy. They just simply pulled the rug out from underneath all it's loyal customers (who have been paying full price and subscription prices for years) and basically telling all of those with computers older than 7 years, you must buy a new computer if you want to continue using our software.

After all, they are bedfellows with Apple and I'm guessing this will make both company's share holders incredibly happy. That seems to be the bottom line for this modern gangster business model.

SHAME ON YOU ADOBE.

I have paid full price for older versions which I could have been using without bothering you in the least. But you are turning the house upside down and shaking every little penny out of anyone who has ever done business with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read through this thread in which you have made several posts and have lots of talk of stealing, I still have no idea what your issue is. If you are just here to rant - then carry on.

No old software has been disabled , with the exception of unlicensed versions. What has been switched off is the ability to download  CS versions , unless you bought a downloadable copy from Adobe originally in which case you can still get the download from your account. In addition, the ability to newly activiate versions older than CS4 has been removed.  Unless you are moving to new hardware, everything should still work - and recovery from backups should still works also.

For those with a subscription, old versions are not uninstalled, but when installing on a new PC then the last two versions are available.

For v21 the system requirements are : https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements.html

For v20 then the system requirements are : https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/system-requirements/2019.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave - I contacted Adobe and they told me that my older versions aren't supported. That's fine, I don't need updates but I used to be able to open older versions but now I can't. I have a 2010 Mac Pro. It can't be updated past 10.11.6

Adobe requires 10.13 minimum to be able to continue to use CC.

I paid full price for my older non-subscription versions and now they don't work. That's stealing. There are other class action suits against Adobe and I suspect there will be more in the coming year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which older versions have you got? Anything from CS4-CS6 can still be installed and activated

Although you can only download the last two CC versions, if you have an older version of CC still installed - then you should still be able to use it. I still have CC2018 v19.1.9 installed here . I've just checked and it still opens and is compatible with Mac OS 10.11

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing never stops to amaze me. Why don't these people complain to Apple? That's what the real issue is - Apple completely changing the rules with each update, making compatibility impossible both ways.

Living in the Apple ecosystem means that you have to stay current with everything. You simply can't fall behind. Everybody should know that by now. This is Apple's business model.

Yes, you'll hit a compatibility wall on Windows too, sooner or later. But it's much later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I paid full price for my older non-subscription versions and now they don't work. That's stealing."

Why do they not work.  Which version prior to  Creative cloud and one what OS version are tot trying to run them on.  Old perpetual version were Platform dependant you had a PC version or a Mac version Licence. Many old Photoshop version were 32 bit application and they will not run on new Mac that only support 64 bit applications.  CS 1, CS 2, Activation servers were retired by Adobe but Adobe made a new Install of CS2 that does not require activation that their old CS1 and CS2 users can download and install. Adobe also retired the CS3 activation servers and they also made a CS3 install that does not require activation for their old CS3 users.  I have that CS3 version installed on my Windows 10 workstation. Windows still supports 32 bit applications.   Adobe behavior may not be the best for their customers.  However, Adobe is not so stupid that they would openly steal from their customers.   And Adobe has the right to change requirement for newer versions of creative cloud.  You are not required to remove old versions that run on  your  machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record - the non activation versions of CS2 and CS3 are no longer available

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe its the user responsibility to keep their software up to date and backup.   When Adobe made the new CS2 and CS3 installers available I downloaded them so I would have backup.  I do not have a problem installing CS2 and CS3 my record is in good shape..

CS2 is 15 years old CS3 13 years old.  How may things you have purchased have a 10 year service contract. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Class Action Suite keeps coming to mind as I struggle to have a dounload complete, which never happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not let Adobe know how you feel.  Post this to their feedback site photoshop family   This is a Photoshop users site your addressing adobe users here we are in your boat.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines