Highlighted

PhotoShop Rotate Glitch in 2021 Version

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Suites Software for about 15 years now and have never had this happen before.  I have an ETSY shop and sell digital downloads.  I rely heavily on Illustrator and PhotoShop to create my digital files.  To prevent customers from using my images without paying for them I tilt them on a diagnoal and add a watermark.  (I realize this is not foolproof because the watermark is not over most of the image but ETSY frowns on that, so this solution is enough of a deterrant for most people and satisfies ETSY.) Sometimes I need to put a drop shadow behind the product image so customers can see the edge of the paper. I updated to the 2021 version of Adobe Suites and now when  I create a drop shadow and tilt the image, it looks perfectly fine on the screen but when I save the image, it looks like a piece of white paper is over a portion of the drop shadow on the bottom.  I have checked every layer on the panel to be sure there is no unaccounted for layers and there aren't any.  Puzzled why it looks fine on screen but not when saved.  It has happened several times now.  If I leave the image straight with a drop shadow and do not rotate it on an angle it is fine when saved.  It is only when rotating an image with a drop shadow that there is an issue.  Anyone know a fix?  Pic included.BOURBON TASTING 6 WOOD ETSY Promo 9.02.13 AM 2.jpg

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PhotoShop Rotate Glitch in 2021 Version

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Suites Software for about 15 years now and have never had this happen before.  I have an ETSY shop and sell digital downloads.  I rely heavily on Illustrator and PhotoShop to create my digital files.  To prevent customers from using my images without paying for them I tilt them on a diagnoal and add a watermark.  (I realize this is not foolproof because the watermark is not over most of the image but ETSY frowns on that, so this solution is enough of a deterrant for most people and satisfies ETSY.) Sometimes I need to put a drop shadow behind the product image so customers can see the edge of the paper. I updated to the 2021 version of Adobe Suites and now when  I create a drop shadow and tilt the image, it looks perfectly fine on the screen but when I save the image, it looks like a piece of white paper is over a portion of the drop shadow on the bottom.  I have checked every layer on the panel to be sure there is no unaccounted for layers and there aren't any.  Puzzled why it looks fine on screen but not when saved.  It has happened several times now.  If I leave the image straight with a drop shadow and do not rotate it on an angle it is fine when saved.  It is only when rotating an image with a drop shadow that there is an issue.  Anyone know a fix?  Pic included.BOURBON TASTING 6 WOOD ETSY Promo 9.02.13 AM 2.jpg

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this to Adobe on their feedback site as a problem. Photoshop 2021 has issues this could be a new composition issue. Try turning off GPU support see it it related to Adobe changed GPU support.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion.  Just submitted to Adobe Feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have bought an action on graphics river that i use for years.

today it stopped with an error that the TWIRL feature is currently not available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0