• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop running intolerably slow

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It take s a full four seconds to perfomr any action, like making a point with the pen tool, zooming in or out, or pretty much anything else simple, on a brand new clean document.  I dare not try anything more complicated like using a layer style.  It used to run fine on my $1500 computer and now?  I might as well cancel my subscrioton, because I cant use it like this.  My computer's specs are above the minimum requirements needed to run photoshop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch, this does not seem right.

Could you share some information about your setup, and your current preferences, like legacy compositing, cache levels, etc? In Ps, go to Help>system info... and pasting it here can give lots of data to understand what's wrong.

Also, what kind of images? using a tablet? lots of other programs running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try installing version 21.0.3 see how it works on your system.  If it still runs slow use 21.0. menu Help>System Info and post that info here. Newer version of Photoshop have pen support problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines