Highlighted

Photoshop running very slow

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, and the software is running incredibly slow.  CC 2017 ran absolutely fine, but 2018 is getting to the point where it's becoming unusable.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  Adjusted Preferences > Performance, increased the memory allowance and set the software to 'Basic' in the advanced options - nothing changed.

I'm running an iMac High Sierra, 4ghz intel core i7, 32gb memory, AMD Radeon graphics card.  I'm still able to run high end models in 3D software, and render them in good time, so I don't believe the it's a performance issue by the computer.

Has anyone got any tips on how to help?  I'm a professional artist and this severely impacting the work I do.

Thanks,

Hi davepaget,

Thanks for posting on Adobe Forums.

Photoshop performance can be affected by number of reasons overtime its usage. Could you please take a look at this article Optimize performance Photoshop CC ​and check other suggestions aimed directly at improving overall performance of Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop running very slow

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Photoshop CC 2018, and the software is running incredibly slow.  CC 2017 ran absolutely fine, but 2018 is getting to the point where it's becoming unusable.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  Adjusted Preferences > Performance, increased the memory allowance and set the software to 'Basic' in the advanced options - nothing changed.

I'm running an iMac High Sierra, 4ghz intel core i7, 32gb memory, AMD Radeon graphics card.  I'm still able to run high end models in 3D software, and render them in good time, so I don't believe the it's a performance issue by the computer.

Has anyone got any tips on how to help?  I'm a professional artist and this severely impacting the work I do.

Thanks,

Hi davepaget,

Photoshop performance can be affected by number of reasons overtime its usage. Could you please take a look at this article Optimize performance Photoshop CC ​and check other suggestions aimed directly at improving overall performance of Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davepaget,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today after the upgrade my photoshop started running very sloooooooooow........I heard about Affinity, Is that something someone had tried before?????  I am really looking for another photo solution, Photoshop does not seem to be very reliable,  I had been a loyal customer for over 20yrs, but i do not mind switchi to something that works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0