• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop runs extremely slow and unstable

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I update photoshop, it seems to run slower and less stable. I've tried everything I can think of and find. I've tried optimization steps, I've given it more RAM, I've tried working with smaller projects. Nothing has worked. It seems to run slightly better when I roll it back to an older installation of Photoshop, but it still runs exponentially slower than it should. Any suggestions? I'm running on a laptop with a Ryzen 9 and 16 gigs of RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this, it didn't seem to do much. Changed the performance settings to the way it was helped, but it still stutters really really bad when scrolling within a document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DigiProto1 wrote:

Just tried this, it didn't seem to do much. Changed the performance settings to the way it was helped, but it still stutters really really bad when scrolling within a document.

What exactly did you change in Performance?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 23.3.2 is a mess and everyone on here don't for a moment think its something to do with preferences or some other setting you have or your graphics card drivers. It's ADOBE! I do photography and I use Photoshop for editing and since May 9th I am unable to use Photoshop because what ever update they did to it made useless. Flickering like crazy and lagging and menu selection is even unusable. Get your Act together ADOBE! you are costing me and propbably thousands of People that use your software a lot of MONEY! I think we all deserve some free subscriptions for what I lost in just this month alone!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.3.2 runs absolutely fine for me. And others. Sorry, you are having issues. Stop assuming it's everyone too; it's not.

Users come here for help, the volunteers who aid others are trying to help. If your goal is only to rant about Adobe, this posting agenda will quickly end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite difficult to understand that if you downgrade Photoshop, it stll runs slower then before! What did change in the meanwhile? Installs and upgrades? Trashing the preferences would effectively be a good starting point.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the times, when I downgraded it, Photoshop actually ran faster. I think it had something to do with my computers graphics card being recognized within one but not the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't by much, but it was enough to be usable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines