Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop runs slow using Layer Style / Bevel & Emboss, even on Macbook Pro M1

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I practically use these Bevel & Emboss options a lot for my illustrations, previously I had a Macbook Pro 15" 2016  - 2.6 i7 - 16GB of RAM  - 2 Graphics cards Radeon Pro 450 with 2GB of GDDR5 and Intel HD Graphics 530 / There I had installed the Photoshop CC 2019 version and using the Bevel & Emboss options was very fluid, then I remember that after an update of this version using these effects would make photoshop slow, even if I turned off leyers that had these effects photoshop would remain processing until they were hidden and it was not fluid, then it was updated to the new version of Photoshop 2020 \ 2021 and I was hoping that photoshop would run slow using these effects but it still continued doing the same and I think a little slower than the previous version, so a week ago I bought the new Macbook Pro M1 with 16 GB of ram thinking that with this new photoshop update for M1 processor that problems of using these effects would disappear and be fluid as before but this same problem continued on this new Macbook Pro M1, If I use shapes with Bevel & Emboss it goes slow, if I change the design of the shape using the paths with these effects applied it goes slow, if I want to change the style of Bevel & Emboss it goes slow, if I turn off and on a layer that has these effects it goes slow, if I want to go back to the previous Bevel & Emboss that had a layer and I do it with Undo it makes the change slow and if I open the style window and press cancel it takes a few seconds to close it.

I really don't know what to do with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please take a look here, there are known issues at the moment:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had seen this before, but the problem I have is not highlighted there and it comes from long before the M1 processors, from my Macbook Pro 2016 and which was not there before and after a photoshop update it appeared and I see that it still continues even in a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issues. ever figure out a solution? im so tired of seeing these "community experts" post the same useless adobe guide links that are extremely generic. i've seen these kinds of threads more than once but it's always the same kind of responses, it's so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines