• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop runs very slow when grid is turned on

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My grid is setup every 10px, with 10 sub-divisions, so I can snap everything to be pixel perfect if I turn the grid on. This was working perfectly in older versions.

With the newer versions the grid suddenly looks different, and once turned on (Ctrl+' on Win), Photoshop begins to be very laggy, and virtually unusable.

So I can't use grid anymore..

See attached image how the new grid looks like.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a big lag when the grid is on.  Please report this to Adobe...  Ther is No lag if Legacy Compositing is checked and PS restarted.  However, I do not know if Legacy Compositing has been fixed in 21.2.1...

Edit I just turned off Legacy Compositing restarted PS 21.2.1 and the Lag is gone.  Try Editing your Preferences with legacy checked restart. uncheck it and restart ps check the lag...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Legacy Compositing setting has no impact on performance for me. Working with the grid active is extremely laggy. Using Photoshop 21.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not worked for me (21.2.2).

Snappy with slices > grid on > extremely slow > grid off > extremely slow even with slices until PS restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This has not fixed the issue.

Grid is still unusable for me.

Did anyone manage to solve this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found out that the only way to solve this problem is to turn off the graphic acceleration altogether, which I obviously don't want to do.

The GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have this issue and it works pretty well. Tks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines