Highlighted

photoshop save as eps - only as a copy??

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm saving psd file as eps. i want it to save it as an existing file, not as a copy. but it always makes a copy of the eps, and i have to delete it myself, and rename the new eps file, without the "copy".

why does saving eps file - only as a copy ?? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

photoshop save as eps - only as a copy??

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm saving psd file as eps. i want it to save it as an existing file, not as a copy. but it always makes a copy of the eps, and i have to delete it myself, and rename the new eps file, without the "copy".

why does saving eps file - only as a copy ?? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... and its very annoying. Has this been fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When you save your eps file, does the native document that you are working with have Layers? If you flatten the docuement first, then save the eps file, the "Save as Copy" option doesn't come up. Try this and let me know if it works?

And just one other note, I am reccomending that you save your original file first in layers. Then flatten it and either save it under a different name (like adding "flat" to the title) or just make sure that after you save your eps file you DON'T save your original file otherwise you will save your flattened file on top of your layered file and lose all of your layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes my PSD document have layers. I flattened it, saved it as an eps to see if it will save over existing eps file but it still adds "copy". Although I've noticed that if I save it as an eps again with the same file name it saves over the existing "copy".

Before, I used to just save as an eps and it saves it over my existing eps file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0