Highlighted

Photoshop Save for Web saving file in an unknown format

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2.2.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6
When saving a photo in JPG as Save for Web in Photoshop - it saves the file in some weird format that no image uploader can recognize.

When I try to upload an image to a file uploader - it says image format not supported, even though it says JPEG in file info. 

Even when I tried to upload the saved image here, it wrote: The file 1 is not one of the supported image types: .jpg,.JPG,.jpeg,.JPEG,.gif,.GIF,.png,.PNG.

For comparison:

Original

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 12.09.41.png

Saved for WEB in Photoshop 21.2.2 Release

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 12.09.11.png

Any solution to this?

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Save for Web saving file in an unknown format

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2.2.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6
When saving a photo in JPG as Save for Web in Photoshop - it saves the file in some weird format that no image uploader can recognize.

When I try to upload an image to a file uploader - it says image format not supported, even though it says JPEG in file info. 

Even when I tried to upload the saved image here, it wrote: The file 1 is not one of the supported image types: .jpg,.JPG,.jpeg,.JPEG,.gif,.GIF,.png,.PNG.

For comparison:

Original

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 12.09.41.png

Saved for WEB in Photoshop 21.2.2 Release

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 12.09.11.png

Any solution to this?

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try: File > Export > Export As ... and select your required format from the Format drop-down menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Tifania LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Derek.

Yes, that is an option but I would like to find out what happened to Save for Web function and why it is not working properly anymore.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines