Highlighted

Photoshop saves multiple files instead of writing over the original?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one of the recent updates, Photoshop has been saving copies of my files. For example when I go to save my file "picture.psd" in Photoshop, Photoshop saves it as "picture 1.psd". When I make changes and save again, it saves it as "picture 2.psd". I'm not saving "as", I'm just saving. I want it to save over the original.

I've tried all of the options under "file handling" but it keeps doing it. I can't seem to find the option for this anywhere else in preferences. Does anyone know how to turn this off? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop saves multiple files instead of writing over the original?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one of the recent updates, Photoshop has been saving copies of my files. For example when I go to save my file "picture.psd" in Photoshop, Photoshop saves it as "picture 1.psd". When I make changes and save again, it saves it as "picture 2.psd". I'm not saving "as", I'm just saving. I want it to save over the original.

I've tried all of the options under "file handling" but it keeps doing it. I can't seem to find the option for this anywhere else in preferences. Does anyone know how to turn this off? 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue, and it's been this way for a few months. Worked on a file tonight for 21 minutes. In that time it saved 13 versions of the same .psd file!!! I created another inquiry here regarding the issue but none of those proposed solutions worked. Would love to know if anyone has any ideas how to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
rswyo LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, PS also now loads all the .psd files to the iCloud on my MacBook Air. As soon as I've saved this file in PS it gets uploaded to iCloud and I think that has something to do with the issue. I can't open the file from PS. I have to go to Mac>Finder> right click+open with... instead. That downloads the file and then opens in PS. Adobe support forum said it's Apple. Talked to Apple about it and they say it's Adobe. Ugh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0