Highlighted

Photoshop - Saving a .jpg down creates a ‘copy’ file ext??

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I’ve finished editing a PSD file and want to save over the original .jpg file that I’ve been working on. The pop-up settings window has the ‘As a Copy’ tick box faded out and a warning sign stating "file must be saved as a copy with this selection".

Regardless, when I proceed the next window prompts me that I’ll be ‘replacing the file’ (all good), but then it creates a separate file with the ‘...copy’ added in the name. – Essentially producing x2 files.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.39.42.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.40.59.jpg

This never happened before in PSD?

I know JPGs cant retain layers, adjustment info, but I don’t want it to and I’m happy for it to just flatten everything which is what it has always done before.

I think this happened since I’ve updated my CC into 2021.

Is there something in the settings to override this?

The only way around this is to go to ‘Layer’ / ‘Flatten Image’, then save, which is not ideal.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop - Saving a .jpg down creates a ‘copy’ file ext??

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I’ve finished editing a PSD file and want to save over the original .jpg file that I’ve been working on. The pop-up settings window has the ‘As a Copy’ tick box faded out and a warning sign stating "file must be saved as a copy with this selection".

Regardless, when I proceed the next window prompts me that I’ll be ‘replacing the file’ (all good), but then it creates a separate file with the ‘...copy’ added in the name. – Essentially producing x2 files.

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.39.42.jpgScreenshot 2020-10-26 at 16.40.59.jpg

This never happened before in PSD?

I know JPGs cant retain layers, adjustment info, but I don’t want it to and I’m happy for it to just flatten everything which is what it has always done before.

I think this happened since I’ve updated my CC into 2021.

Is there something in the settings to override this?

The only way around this is to go to ‘Layer’ / ‘Flatten Image’, then save, which is not ideal.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?