• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop seems counterintuitive

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having worked with Illustrator for many years and, then, exploring Photoshop, I find myself feeling like Photoshop is somewhat counterintuitive, in terms of workflow.

Spacifically, the need to manually select layers, etc. from the Layers panal, rather than directly selecting this or that quality where it actually is on the artwork to modify my selection adds a lot of wasted time and effort.

Is there anyway to make it more similar to Illustrator, where you can actually select the desired quality you want to edit directly on the artwork? If there is, I would really like to know, and how to change my current setup to it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sand Patch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

It really depends on what you are doing. You can set it up so that when you are in your selection tool, for example, that it will automatically select the layer or group that you are in.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.15.27 AM.png

Other tools are set to select by color, for example, and you can set them to select regardless of what layer they may be on or just contiguous to the actual pixel you are selecting. It is really a matter of what you are talking about and learning the tools. Photoshop is different, but you after awhile working

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on what you are doing. You can set it up so that when you are in your selection tool, for example, that it will automatically select the layer or group that you are in.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.15.27 AM.png

Other tools are set to select by color, for example, and you can set them to select regardless of what layer they may be on or just contiguous to the actual pixel you are selecting. It is really a matter of what you are talking about and learning the tools. Photoshop is different, but you after awhile working with it, it will get easier. If you have some specific questions about what you are trying to select, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you much! I can't tell you how much easier it is to work with Photoshop now.

Sand Patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines