• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop sees no printers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to print a photograph that I’ve modified in Photoshop in my desktop MAC, a window opens that says:
There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents.

I can’t find any information about how to select a printer.

Other applications are able to print from both my laser printer and my color printer. In fact, I saved this photo from Photoshop as a jpg file, and the Preview program was able to print it (though it looks darker than I mean it to be.)

So my issue is, How can I print photos from Photoshop directly?  How can I get Photoshop to SEE my printers?  I'm new to MACs, so please assume I don't know much about this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 9.38.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get anything like that window on the right.  I only get a little window that says "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."  How can I get a window like the one you are pointing to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, I'm trying to print to an HP color printer.  But my MAC also knows about my Canon laser printer and a second HP color printer in my wife's office downstairs.  Firefox and Thunderbird allow me to choose any of the three, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That window is a Photoshop dialog "print settings"

you get there after going to file/print

if you find that dialog you'll be able to choose an insalled printer 

I hope this helps

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is, I don't get ANYTHING other than "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."  All my other mac programs, and even Acrobet,  that can print see all three of my printers.  With photoshop, that wording in quotes is ALL I see.  I'm not given choices of printers in any way.

In earlier searches, I think I saw something about profiles, and something about Root.  How do I provide Photoshop with a list of printers for me to choose from?  And I'll say again that I recently switched from windows to a new Mac, and I'm still learning basics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in System Preferences to see what printers are listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  My three printers are listed in System Preferences, and all programs that can print, EXCEPT FOR PHOTOSHOP, show them as available.  Even Acrobat.  Photoshop doesn't seem to know about any printers.  All I get from Photoshop is the window with this message: "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."  This baffles me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same trouble with hp 13nr and epson 1430,  same error window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with a Mac running Catalina.

The problem is with Adobe PhotoShop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FIXED THIS! I updated my Creative Cloud and then specifically updated my latest version of Photoshop. Now it works. I am still keeping my old version of Photoshop just in case my favorite plug-in (Nik Filters) becomes incompatible with the new update. HOPE THIS WORKS, GUYS! I was going crazy, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines