• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop selections and filters

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Having made a selection and then copying the selection to a new layer, I used to be able to convert it into a smart object and ONLY the selection would be in the transform. Now, the the blank pixels are also included. Work around this one?

2. Lighting effects has completely stopped working. I have tried checking 'deactivate native canvas' but then it is greyed out. 

3. The program constantly freezes and I have to close it down and restart adding to time. TIME IS MONEY!!! 

3. Are these problems only affecting Mac or are they also on windows too. 

This kind of poor stability is not suitable for a company that relies on a software for its income. I use photoshop and my boss uses illustrator and indesign, all of which are completely unreliable. Adobe might fix one issue (like brushes not so long ago) but then create a batch of problems with it. The only feature that is stopping me from switching are linked smart objects, othewise I will state publicly how poor Adobe software has become. Take note, I teach and lecture photoshop to numerous photography clubs around my country. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

As for point 1: 

Sounds like in inexact Selection. 

Could you please apply an Outer Stroke Layer Style to the Layer before converting to a Smart Object and post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) at View > 100% visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not seeing your #1 issue on my Windows 10 system, but Lighting Effects is not working for me either.  I can open it and move the sliders, but nothing happens to the image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines