Highlighted

Photoshop share back to Lightroom isn't working/highlighted ?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm trying to send a photo back to Lightroom from Photoshop but when I go to the share arrow top right, Lightroom is there but isn't highlighted for me to click on. Yet I exported the picture from Lightroom to Photoshop without a problem so the two programmes are connected. Any advice would be gratefully received!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop share back to Lightroom isn't working/highlighted ?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm trying to send a photo back to Lightroom from Photoshop but when I go to the share arrow top right, Lightroom is there but isn't highlighted for me to click on. Yet I exported the picture from Lightroom to Photoshop without a problem so the two programmes are connected. Any advice would be gratefully received!

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not supposed to do anything, not share, not export. Those are for different purposes.

When you "edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom, and save the file from Photoshop, a background script tracks the file throughout the process and automatically adds the resulting file to the Lightroom catalog. So you see it in Lightroom.

A lot of people misunderstand this and think that the file is actually "sent to" Lightroom. That's not how this works. Nothing is "in" Lightroom. The Lightroom catalog is just a record of where the files are out on your disks. It's a collection of library cards - this file is here; that file is there.

So you just Save the file from Photoshop. That's all you do. It will then appear in Lightroom.

One important note: Lightroom has to remain open the whole time, until you have saved the file from Photoshop. If you close it, the script stops, and Lightroom doesn't know about the file. You can still import it later; but it doesn't happen automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
ReeRaa LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you so much for your helpful advice, I often feel overwhelmed by all the tech I need to learn for my camera, LR and PS. Thanks to you there's now one less problem for me to solve!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 0