Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop showing jagged / fuzzy images at less than 100%

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the Photoshop work area, if I have magnification anything less than 100% the image is jagged and fuzzy and it's very difficult to work with. Like it's not been through a resize algorithm, like the way old browers used to ruin images when they downsized them.

It's most pronounced with text and screenshots are awful.

See attached.

This is on a desktop PC. I also have Photoshop on my laptop and this problem is not there.

Anyone know what's happening?

Thank you.

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps-issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely it's the video driver. The actual downsampling from 100% (one image pixel to one screen pixel) is performed by OpenGL code in the video driver.

Do you see any difference if you uncheck "use graphics processor" in PS preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply. That made no difference.

In view of your comments I checked the video driver was up to date (it was).

The computer I am using is new to me, but is a refurb. I wonder if the video card is old and incapable, although the rest of the computer is very fast and I'm otherwise pleased with it.

In device manager, the display adapter is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" - don't know if that means anything to you?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Suggests Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 is not supported. Do you think this is the reason then?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines