Photoshop slow on printing

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest update of Photoshop is very slow overall but when it comes to printing it takes forever.

It takes ages to bring up the print page, it takes another age to get to the final print screen.

I have a ssd drive a 5 core processor and a 6gb card and 32 ram mem so it should not be as slow as it is.

I have tried re-inatalling printer driver (Epson) and I have also tried re setting prefrences in photoshop. 

Is anyone else experincing these problems and has anyone solved them.

Many thanks

Tony

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop slow on printing

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My latest update of Photoshop is very slow overall but when it comes to printing it takes forever.

It takes ages to bring up the print page, it takes another age to get to the final print screen.

I have a ssd drive a 5 core processor and a 6gb card and 32 ram mem so it should not be as slow as it is.

I have tried re-inatalling printer driver (Epson) and I have also tried re setting prefrences in photoshop. 

Is anyone else experincing these problems and has anyone solved them.

Many thanks

Tony

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 21, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced a similar issue a couple of years ago. There is a long discussion in the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2018-print-dialog-extremely-slow...

In my case it was resolved when I switched my GPU from an AMD HD7970. Rolling back to an older AMD driver temporarily resolved the issue and switching to an NVidia GTX1080 permanently resolved it. I have not had an issue with the print dialogue since

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0