• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop sniffer problem (YES, AGAIN)

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry for starting yet another thread about this unpleasant app but I haven't found exactly the same issue on the forum. Here is the problem: photoshop can't recognize NVIDIA MX150 card AFTER windows update, and/or driver update, and/or photoshop itself update. These three things happened simultaneosly on my system so I cannot root cause the issue. But, I am assuring you it worked fine on the same system before.

Curiously enough, sniffer runs perfectly in a console on its own - it only fails when it's ran by photoshop. I am also attaching sniffer-out.txt generated by photoshop, so it apparently works BUT photoshop manages to cache results somewhere else because when it doesn't recognize GPU it shows the message with a quite an old timestamp. I write "WHEN" because there is yet another interesting twist - it runs smoothly if I am running procmon capture when I start photoshop. Apparently by inserting hooks procmon changes photshop behavior so it lives along with the card, windows, driver, sniffer and GPU. SO I currently have to use this weird workaround but I would be happy to return to the point when I didn't have to hold procmon on a leash.

IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS?

many thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can fix Photoshop issues users here can not. Many have reported your issue here.

While Photoshop detects my gpu and sniffer works Photoshop info always reports Sniffer crashed on the 13th? Photoshop 22.3.1 has issues for sure.

image.png

PSerrorlog always shows the error

image.png

Sniffer-out.txt has no errors in it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is there a bug reporting system other than this forum? because what I can see is only this. "Contact us" button also doesn't work 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe bugs should be reported on Adobe's feedback site  https://feedback.photoshop.com/ 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before posting a problem report you should search to see if the problem has be reported and join in if it has,  As I wrote there have been many reports on your issue.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines