• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Spinning Wheel while trying to opening files

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been unable to use photoshop for the past couple of days.

If I open any .psd or image, the file will open, but the cursor spins and freezes. Even when left for long periods of time, nothing happens. If i create a new document I can draw in that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? Did you start experiencing the issue after an update to Photoshop or to your computers operating system?

You can try try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes disabling Use Graphics Processor seems to help prevent the spinning wheel after loading images, but it creates new problems while using photoshop, such as guides not showing up when using transform, as well as leaving image artifacts which using things like the heal brush.  Also, I'm not sure why I bought an expensive Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

graphics processor to use for Photoshop, only to have to disable it because of a Photoshop bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that works.

This has been a TERRIBLE problem ever since I updated the app months ago. 

I am very angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried shutting off my router, no internet connection for Photoshop etc, and that DID NOT HELP with the spinning ball hangup.

It's not an iCloud update of Photoshop files; cannot blame Apple servers or iCloud for this screwup, Adobe !

And disabling graphics processor use DOES NOT HELP ME EITHER. Always when I start to edit (not open) the first picture in a while, does the delay happen.

When when when are we going to get an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines