Highlighted

Photoshop Still Stable with Mojave?

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is typically my most stabile app. I recently had corrupted prefs, which I reset then experienced a new corruption a few dasy later. This is uncharacteristic on my system. Is it possible that Photoshop is no longer stable with Mojave?

I have an important legacy app that will not currently run on Catalina, so I have putoff that upgrade for the time being. But Photoshop is my primary app, and needs to run smoothly. I have made no recent alterations to my system or added any apps. The only hardware change is a newer SSD for Photoshop scratch, but the first corrpution occured prior to that aquisistion.

Thanks for any insight.

MacPro (2013) OS 10.14.6. PShop CC 21.2.3

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Still Stable with Mojave?

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is typically my most stabile app. I recently had corrupted prefs, which I reset then experienced a new corruption a few dasy later. This is uncharacteristic on my system. Is it possible that Photoshop is no longer stable with Mojave?

I have an important legacy app that will not currently run on Catalina, so I have putoff that upgrade for the time being. But Photoshop is my primary app, and needs to run smoothly. I have made no recent alterations to my system or added any apps. The only hardware change is a newer SSD for Photoshop scratch, but the first corrpution occured prior to that aquisistion.

Thanks for any insight.

MacPro (2013) OS 10.14.6. PShop CC 21.2.3

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Photoshop is stable on Mojave.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check and see that Photoshop has Full Disk Access as shown below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 3.05.17 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gener7, I have enabled this. But was is the practical advantage here? I can't see why PShop would need access to data from Mail, Safari, etc. I thought the trend was to prohibit personal data mining?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read that sentence as "give Ps the same trusted access privileges as Mail, Messages, Safari, Home, Time Machine". It doesn't access and use data from those trusted Mac apps.

Full Disk Access feature is much like a security check at an airport. When you grant “Full Disk Access” to an app it is added to the white-list of applications that are now marked as safe to work with your data. At the same time, all other applications will be greeted with “You Shall Not Pass.” The protected areas that require Full Disk Access permission are your Mail, Messages, Safari, Home, Time Machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Conrad C LATEST
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a possible but definitely non-official explanation: When the Full Disk Access option talks about Mail, Messages, Safari, and “certain administrative settings” it might be generally talking about using files in the /Library and ~/Library folders. ~/Library is hidden by default so they can’t refer to it by name, since most Mac users won’t see it. But those Library folders are where Adobe and many other applications keep a large number of configuration, preset, and settings files. You definitely don’t want unwanted rogue applications in the Library folders because they could do a lot of damage, but if you are working with a company you trust, they should be given access for normal operation.

Simple applications don’t tend to ask for Full Disk Access, but generally, it seems like the more advanced the Mac application (Adobe or not), the more likely it will want Full Disk Access for legitimate reasons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0