Highlighted

Photoshop suddenly mismanages customed-made ICC profiles

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I created customed ICC profiles of the papers I use in my printer. I run some test prints and together with my calibrated monitor I could get prints that were matching what I could see in the monitor. 
Suddenly when going to File -> Print, Ps was crashing. I found out I had to reset the Preferences file. I did it. When I opened Ps and tried to print, I am getting really dark images. I took my second laptop and I entered manually every setting in the Edit->Preferences and Edit-> Color Settings to be the same as my main laptop. I tried again to print with the problem insisting.

When I am printing via Lr in my main laptop I get excellent prints. When I am switching to Ps and trying to print the very same tiff file with the very same printing settings, I get extremely dark images with horendous color mismanagement. 

Playing with the settings it seems the color management is back if I use the commercial ICC profiles for the paper from Epson. The problem is that the commercial ICC profiles are really inaccurate in my system. To make the story more interesting, when I am printing via Ps from the second laptop, I can use the customed ICC profiles I created without any problem. 

Has anyone encountered something similar? Why one system to produce a corrent print only via Lr but not via Ps? If my customed ICC profiles were corrupted or anything then I could not use them in laptop 2.

I know it sounds a bit complicated. Any suggestion is massively appreciated.

Information about my system (Main latop - the one with the Ps mismanaging colors):
- Win10, Photoshop CC 2021, 
- Color calibrated monitor, via X-Rite i1Studio
- Printer: Epson XP-760.
- Paper: Different official Epson Papers, ICC profiles created via X-Rite i1Studio, ICC profiles: v.2.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop suddenly mismanages customed-made ICC profiles

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I created customed ICC profiles of the papers I use in my printer. I run some test prints and together with my calibrated monitor I could get prints that were matching what I could see in the monitor. 
Suddenly when going to File -> Print, Ps was crashing. I found out I had to reset the Preferences file. I did it. When I opened Ps and tried to print, I am getting really dark images. I took my second laptop and I entered manually every setting in the Edit->Preferences and Edit-> Color Settings to be the same as my main laptop. I tried again to print with the problem insisting.

When I am printing via Lr in my main laptop I get excellent prints. When I am switching to Ps and trying to print the very same tiff file with the very same printing settings, I get extremely dark images with horendous color mismanagement. 

Playing with the settings it seems the color management is back if I use the commercial ICC profiles for the paper from Epson. The problem is that the commercial ICC profiles are really inaccurate in my system. To make the story more interesting, when I am printing via Ps from the second laptop, I can use the customed ICC profiles I created without any problem. 

Has anyone encountered something similar? Why one system to produce a corrent print only via Lr but not via Ps? If my customed ICC profiles were corrupted or anything then I could not use them in laptop 2.

I know it sounds a bit complicated. Any suggestion is massively appreciated.

Information about my system (Main latop - the one with the Ps mismanaging colors):
- Win10, Photoshop CC 2021, 
- Color calibrated monitor, via X-Rite i1Studio
- Printer: Epson XP-760.
- Paper: Different official Epson Papers, ICC profiles created via X-Rite i1Studio, ICC profiles: v.2.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?