• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop suddenly not working with Cintiq.

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the middle of painting yesterday, the tools I were using suddenly started acting up. The first thing I noticed was that my EK Remote shortcut for resizing the brush (press down Alt) now made the color window show up wherever my cursor was. I have no idea how that change happened. I checked the EK Remote settings and saw that they keystroke had changed to something else, and I couldn't change it back to function as the Alt key. In fact the option doesn't seem to exist, which is confusing.

Then, the classic "brush tool becomes move tool" happened. But not just the brush, several tools now function as the move tool but the actual move tool functions as a zoom. All of this is with my pen. The mouse seems to work fine and is the only thing that can wake up the Cintiq monitor after using the other one (tapping the screen with the pen no longer works). When this all started I thought maybe I'd procrastinated the updates for too long, so now both Photoshop and my Wacom Driver are up to date. No improvement. 

I work on macOS Catalina (10.15.7), a Cintiq 16 and with Adobe Photshop 22.2. 

I would really appreciate help on this! 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?