• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop suddenly stops processing HDR Pro images

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic 10.2 and Photoshop 22.3.0 running on a 2016 MBPro with macOS 11.2.3. Earlier today I ran an external edit of an image from LR in PS HDR Pro. I loved the results! Next time I tried doing this, less than 30 minutes later, PS suddenly stopped processing the HDR and closed the HDR image. 

Previous to this, several significant controls over the HDR image were available. But now, nothing. I am not even able to run a basic HDR in PS! I am able to do it in LR, but that doesn't have several of the options I wish to access from within HDR Pro. 

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a couple of questions for you...Did you process the image in 8 bit the first time or 16? Did you quit Photoshop and restart it...and having the same problem? Are you using Camera Raw in your workflow, and if so, what version?

Let us know,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use DNG for my raw files. Just like the first time, I selected the three images, right clicked and chose Edit In> Merget to HDR Pro in Photoshop. 

I've recorded the process (less than 40 seconds) so you can see what happens:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb3j7uiydgtbv7z/Screen%20Recording%202021-03-28%20at%207.57.34%20AM.mov?dl...

I don't know whether I processed it in 8 or 16 bit the first time. 

I did shut down and restart Photoshop before I tried it again.

I even shut down my computer twice before trying it again. 

This really has me stumped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for the video! I noticed that the image is 16 bit. Can you try changing your images to 8 bit and then run the process and see if it works?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what was at play here. Since that time, I've managed to do this successfully with other files. So I'm guessing I must have had some corrupted files. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that it's working again! Let us know if you have any more problems.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines