Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop SVG Question

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying to use photoshop to make SVG's to use in Cricut design space. I create my SVG's in color using paths and shapes etc and export as an SVG. The SVG's look perfect when saved, but once I upload them to Cricut design space the image comes up in black. I am assumming there is some setting that is making this happen but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I have tried everything I can think of including adding a stroke around each shape in the color it is supposed to be in the final image. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop does not actually support vector file.  Photoshop imports then as a single raster layer or they can paced in as smart object layer that adobe call vector smart object layers however there are no vector elements in Photoshop other than the embedded or linked vector file.  Photoshop can not save SVG files however I believe it can export  shape layer as a svg file. Photoshop is not an application you use to create vector files.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines