• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop System Error

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced error in opening up photoshop over the last couple of days. upon initializing of software, a pop up window with the following message appears:

Photoshop.exe - System Error

The program cant start becasue api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

I have tried uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and that does not seem to resolve this problem. could anyone offer any help

Sylvester

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Are you on Windows 7?

If so, you will need to downgrade your Camera Raw from the latest to the previous version or upgrade to Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences, to see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I assume you're on Windows 7 with Photoshop version 21.2.4, if that's the case take a look at this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-start-photoshop/m-p/11667845?page=1#M493109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried installing camera RAW and reinstall photoshop but the same error message still pops up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and Reinstall the CC desktop app (not Photoshop). We had the same issue here and this resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Kevin for the advice and i tried it and still hasn't resolved the issue.

i have tried many methods:

1. with PS still installed - follow your instruction to uninstall CC but not successful as CC cannot be uninstalled while there are adobe app still around

2. repair CC - same error message pops up during 'initialising'

3. uninstalled PS, InDesign and CC, compress harddrive and reinstall PS - PS installation window stuck on 99.1% but i could see the CC shortcut available on desktop, PS icon through window icon; however if open PS via CC, the PS window will run up to 'initialising' and then the launch window disappear. If try to lauch PS through window icon on bottom left hand corner, it launch up to 'initialising' then system error pop up window three times - 

Photoshop.exe - System Error

The program cant start becasue api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

4. uninstalled PS and CC - reinstall CC first, then through CC install PS. same problems as listed in 3.

Camera Raw is up to date

auto-update switched off

could anyone offer any other suggestions to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows 7?

If so, you will need to downgrade your Camera Raw from the latest to the previous version or upgrade to Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kevin, thank you. i reintalled camera raw to 12.4 and all appear to work again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines