• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop taking very long time to launch

Participant ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't exactly remember when this happened, but definetely in the last few months, Photoshop is taking up to 5mins to launch.  No splash screen when launch initiated, just have to wait and it eventually starts the launch after 4-5mins.  I tried reseting all preferences and even uninstalling and reinstalling version 22.3 to no avail.  Is anybody else having this problem?

I'm on latest Photoshop version 22.3.1, Windows 10, version 20H2, OS Build 19042.928

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try installing Photoshop 22.4 version through the Creative Cloud app and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny you should mention that!  Just did that earlier and it appears to be opening just as quick as it used to now.  Problem solved.

BUT...that update didn't show up until I logged out and back in to my Creative Cloud account.  So unless you Adobe just pushed that update out today, something is weird with that whole situation, but se la vie, it's working for me now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...this problem is back again.  Updated to the newest version 22.4.1 this morning and now it's not opening again for like 5min.  I even un-installed that version and went back to 22.4 and even logged out and back into Creative Cloud, but did not work this time.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue after updating to the latest version.  Taking more than 8 minutes to 'Verify Adobe Photoshop 2023 app'... Any assistance would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna, can you start a new thread with your issue? 

Tell us what operating systen you are using?

Do you have a lot of fonts installed?

Do you have a lot of brush groups open in the main brush menu?

Do you have third party plugins installed?  Try holding down the Shift key when starting Photoshop which will force Photoshop to not load them.

When Photoshop opens, do you see the Splash Screen throughout the launch process?
If yes, does it stall at any point?  The Splash Screen updates as assets are loaded, so if Photoshop finds a problem font, for instance, it might stop and try and rectify that, and you might be able to read the stage this happens from the Splash Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Trevor,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I updated my OS and restarted my computer and now it seems to be ok, but I am experiencing all kinds of save to web issues that I will open a new thread for.

Thanks,

-Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines