• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Technique Question:

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can help me with a question I have? I am trying to create the effect of a figure like a person leaving the body in a swift motion. Here’s a reference video: (go to Link Removed) (0:42). Thanna!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Hi

You could try something like this.

Start with two images one with the person facing straight on the second with them sideways. On the second remove the background.

Use the clone tool without align checked to copy the second image multiple times across the canvas onm a separate layer.

Use motion blur on the cloned copy layer to blend it

Use Transform> Warp to bend the blurred copies

Add a mask to the side view and cloned copy layers, and paint on the masks with black/white using a soft brush to blen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice music but a flagrant abuse of forum rules. This is purely an attempt to publicise a music video and has nothing to do with Photoshop. If you spam the Adobe forums you run the risk of a ban.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to do this as a still image or a video?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this is a genuine request Dave or am I being unduly harsh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hadn't thought of it that way Terri - you could be right.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case I'm being unfair here are some frames showing the effect being asked about.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking in regards to what techniques are used and this isnt to publicize the video in any way. Im just looking for photoshop answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone help me find out which techniques were used and can you do this for a still photo? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could try something like this.

Start with two images one with the person facing straight on the second with them sideways. On the second remove the background.

Use the clone tool without align checked to copy the second image multiple times across the canvas onm a separate layer.

Use motion blur on the cloned copy layer to blend it

Use Transform> Warp to bend the blurred copies

Add a mask to the side view and cloned copy layers, and paint on the masks with black/white using a soft brush to blend them

I hope that gets you started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very nice demonstration  Dave, much better than the effect in the video in fact. I must say though that the Op's response of just 'thanks' after all the work you put in confirms to me he is trying to plug a music video and isn't genuinely interested in anything else.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Terri

Now that the OP has an answer, and your screenshots cover the effect required for anyone else that wants to chip in with alternatives, I've removed the link.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a still image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines