Photoshop text box workspace flicker

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a setup with 2 monitors, one is the MacBook Pro with a retina display. If I have a block of text and I click into it with the text tool, part of the text box and the artboard become gray and boxed. It's only happening on the retina. I'm including screenshots. It doesn't seem to matter if the type is OT or TT. I have not restarted yet, but I'm going to try that later. This happens when I'm just using my laptop, no 2nd monitor attached, this actually how I noticed the bug originally. (My 1x 27-in Thunderbolt is my main work display so I usually have Phothoshop on that display)

Anyone have this happening? Any known issues or fixes? Gray boxed areas when clicking on a text area in Photoshop using a MacBook Pro with Retina display.

Here are my workstation specifics.
I have a MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019 with 3072 x 1920 AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB graphics. I'm connecting an Apple Thunderbolt Display 27-inch (2560 x 1440) as a 2nd display.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop text box workspace flicker

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a setup with 2 monitors, one is the MacBook Pro with a retina display. If I have a block of text and I click into it with the text tool, part of the text box and the artboard become gray and boxed. It's only happening on the retina. I'm including screenshots. It doesn't seem to matter if the type is OT or TT. I have not restarted yet, but I'm going to try that later. This happens when I'm just using my laptop, no 2nd monitor attached, this actually how I noticed the bug originally. (My 1x 27-in Thunderbolt is my main work display so I usually have Phothoshop on that display)

Anyone have this happening? Any known issues or fixes? Gray boxed areas when clicking on a text area in Photoshop using a MacBook Pro with Retina display.

Here are my workstation specifics.
I have a MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2019 with 3072 x 1920 AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB graphics. I'm connecting an Apple Thunderbolt Display 27-inch (2560 x 1440) as a 2nd display.

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version: 22.0.1
MacOs 10.15.7 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0