• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop text tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Ps and started working on my project. however, text tool is not working at all. What can I do to make it work? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

In the future please posr meaningful screenshots that include ALL the pertinent UI elements (Layers Panel, Options Bar, Toolbar, …). 

Did you click or (as requested) click-drag with the Type Tool? 

When you select the Move Tool and hitt cmd-T doe Transform Controls vecome visible? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens when you click on the Canvas with the Type Tool? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Character, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say if it was working before and stopped working or if you are a beginner and don't know how to use the Type tool or what the issue is.

Let's start here: Select the Type tool > click (or drag) to create a new type layer > type over the dummy text > click the checkbox in the options bar. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/add-edit-text.html

If this totally misses your issue, please clarify.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've been using PS for a few months at work by now. In order to do some extra work at home, I purchased the plan a couple of days ago. I know how to use text tool. Text tool itself did not work from the get go. I tried the pen tool to see if text would ride on. It didn't work either. I tried adding new layer as well ☞ layer> test. But once I click text tool, it just makes a dot and stops: cannot edit or add or do anything. The PS I puchased is the same version that I'm using at work. I have no idea why the text tool isn't working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start a new document and drag out a text frame. It should fill with dummy text. Show a screen shot with an text still selected and the Character panel.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I should contact local customer service for this or what since I'm not in US. I even redownload PS and it still does the same... Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attaching 4 screenshots. 

1- setting for blank project

2- color setting for better background

3- Text being invisible while layer shows default type setting

4- Text settingz-1.jpgz-2.jpgz-3.jpgz-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future please posr meaningful screenshots that include ALL the pertinent UI elements (Layers Panel, Options Bar, Toolbar, …). 

Did you click or (as requested) click-drag with the Type Tool? 

When you select the Move Tool and hitt cmd-T doe Transform Controls vecome visible? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thank you. Customizing preset helped. Thanks for the reply and yes in the future, I'll post screenshots that include ALL the pertinent UI elements. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to read you could work the problem out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHOTSHOP TEXT TOOL & TRANSFROM TOOL & LAYER NOT SHOWING

PHOTOSHOP TOOL NOT WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What have you done for all-purpose and font-related trouble-shooting so far? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines