• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop thinks my external scratch disk is same size as my local drive

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found anyone else online experiencing this particular issue with scratch disks. Hope someone can help.

I have approx 300gb free space on my external drive, and am using it as a scratch disk. Now Photoshop tells me the scratch disk is full, and when I see the list of disks available, it shows *exactly* the same free space on the external drive, as my local drive (also on another partition).

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 12.26.42 PM.png

I have tried,

Rebooting the mac and Photoshop,

Reinstalling Photoshop both with saving my settings, and a complete clean reinstall all settings deleted,

Running first aid on the drive,

Restarting the drive,

Nothing helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Photoshop is having issues with your Mac system. I find it hard to believe all you disk have exactly the same amount of free space. Make sure you have address all the Mac related issues with Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain youself clearer? This answer gives me no clue as to what you are suggesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the same issue - did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did. I moved to iCloud drive, so I could have everything "locally"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the other disks are correctly formatted (APFS or HFS+) - not exFAT which doesn't work well in later MacOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, also ensure that you give permissions to Photoshop to access the other drives.

By settings, do you mean the preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. My external Drive has 500 GB! yet I still get Scratch disk Full Error and when I check it shows the same amount of space in both internal memory and external drive. I have updated OS, deleted PS, reinstalled. Still the same for a year now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines