Highlighted

Photoshop thumbnails and CS4

Advisor ,
Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been installing PS7 to get PSD thumbnails to show their image (rather than a generic icon) in Windows. I understand this facility was dropped in CS. Does anyone know if this has been restored in CS4 or will I have to continue to install PS7 before CS4?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop thumbnails and CS4

Advisor ,
Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been installing PS7 to get PSD thumbnails to show their image (rather than a generic icon) in Windows. I understand this facility was dropped in CS. Does anyone know if this has been restored in CS4 or will I have to continue to install PS7 before CS4?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it and using your workaround is flat out dangerous. You could
very lose some work. That's why that dll was dropped in the first place.

If you want PSD thumbnails, use Bridge.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to install PS7, you only need the psicon.dll, which needs to be placed in the proper directory. And no, this function has not been revived for CS4 for very rational reasons.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you learned!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't really need psicon.dll either (which was the cause of the file lock/data loss bug bob mentioned.) so i second his idea. best solution is to use bridge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with Bridge is that I need to be in PS to use it. I often want to look through image files when I'm not in CS3. I have that right haven't I? You do have to be in CS3 to use Bridge?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines