• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop tool names have jagged letters, how to fix?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop CS6 using the disc and ran the updates (2 year old iMac). All the text in the application has jagged edges making it difficult to read especially as small as it is. How do I get smooth text? This is not text from the text tool to use in an image, it's the text that indicate what each item does. I had this  program on a 2012 Macbook before moving it to this iMac. It looked fine on the laptop, no jagged edges.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Sounds like you need the photoshop cs6 13.0.6 update for Retina screen support.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5676

You can check what version of photoshop cs6 you have by going to Help>System Info in photoshop cs6 and reading the top line that says Photoshop Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about tooltips which appears when you hover mouse over tool? There isn't option to change size, zou have UI Text Size in Preferences > Interface but nothing to change tooltip size, as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Tooltips, that is turned off unless I need it. This is the text used for the tool names beside the icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have a high ppi resolution display and CS6 does not have Adobe UI scaling feature

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's true, what is the fix? This was the top of professional software not that long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And since then high resolution screens have become widely used. To keep up, Adobe made changes, and added them as enhancements in later versions of Creative Cloud. There will be no updates to museum software though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it come to computers software and hardware 2012 is 8 years ago. That is a long time ago for computer software and hardware. Now my 1990 300ZX  is 30 years old like Photoshop  I do not drive it every day and its does not drive as well as it did 30 years ago. 

Now CS6 still runs well on my  Windows 10 machine and I can have Windows 10 scale all that CS6 displays on my a High PPI resolution 4k display.  CS6 is very unable on a high ppi resolution display on windows 10.

Apple made major changes to its OS and removed some support old Application depend on.  Its you choice as to what Hardware and OS you use.  Once you do you are limited to the applications the run in that new environment. If You get of CS6 running well on you new mac if mac os will not scale what CS6 display on your high PPI resolution display all you need do is connect a low resolution display. I would make the same choice today.

I chose  windows 95 and NT over Apple OS7 and OS9 in 1995 all had problems and I found Apple culture to be more restrictive for Apple wanted  conformity in an environment that was rapidly changing. One company can do  it all or force its will on all others.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I hear you on the vagaries of running steam-powered computers, and I was about to go dig up a PC monitor and see if that would help. The update patch Jeff posted did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you need the photoshop cs6 13.0.6 update for Retina screen support.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5676

You can check what version of photoshop cs6 you have by going to Help>System Info in photoshop cs6 and reading the top line that says Photoshop Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is very unstable without its Updates.  Perpetual CS6 should at version 13.0.6 Mac version 13.0.1.3 Windows. Creative Cloud CS 6 version 13.1.2...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo. The link worked and I have 13.0.6 and the text looks right, Thank you!! The 13.0.6 update did tell me it needed to be optimized for my iMac but it ran anyway. You rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The udate worked for Photoshop, but not Bridge. Updater says it's current. Is there a similar update link that will fix the issue in Bridge CS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines