• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Tools Stop Working during Usage

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've seem to run into a problem while using Adobe Photoshop v22.1.0 and couldn't seem to find other folks running into the the same issue.

The issue seems to happen without warning. I'll be in the middle of drawing/sketching when suddenly the tool I'm currently using will completely stop working and am unable to use any other differently selected tools. No matter what tool I use after that point, it will show zero effect when I try to manipulate, add, or change the contents in the file; not even zooming in or out changes the view of the file. During this time, the cursor does not change to the different tools' cursors and stays on the normal default cursor. The ONLY workaround to the issue is to close down Photoshop and reopen the program/file (fortunately, I can save my progress before closing Photoshop.)

I currently haven't found what exactly causes the issue (probably changing tools/brushes after working on the file 5/10 minutes in?) and it appears to affect the PSD file inwhich the issue occurs (so if I have a second PSD file open, that second file will remain unaffected while the tools in the first file will completely not work at all.)

Again, I found no mention of this issue from other users, so I hope to at least bring this to the Photoshop team's attention in hopes of ironing this bug/issue out. This issue has not occured in any previous versions of Photoshop; only in the recent v22.1.0 update.

If I find a way to replicate the bug at will or find an exact cause, I'll be sure to update this post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS and version?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this has the info you're asking for.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.1.0 20201125.r.94 2020/11/25: 4b16c876033 x64
Number of Launches: 19
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.1110
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:5 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2678 MHz
Built-in memory: 8183 MB
Free memory: 4483 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 7471 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %
ACP.local Status:
- SDK Version: 1.34.1
- Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible
- Core Sync Running: 4.3.71.1
- Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.28.24
ACPL Cache Config:
- Time to Live: 5184000 seconds
- Max Size: 20480 MB
- Purge Percentage: 50%
- Threshold Percentage: 85%
- Purge Interval: 60 seconds

I just found a post on Photshop's Feedback site with another fellow experiencing the exact same issue (no solution there unfortunately)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-become-completely-unresponsive-afte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that switching between tools through the use of keyboard shortcuts will trigger this weird "disabling" usage of the Photoshop tools, which happens at random within the 5/10 minutes of using Photoshop. What the EXACT conditions have to be for this issue to occur is still unknown but the act of switching tools through keyboard shortcuts seems to trigger the issue at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens to me without using shortcuts. I am on OS Maverick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens to you?

Please also post your system specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines