• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop tools too small on Surface Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Can anyone help me, please..I recently bought the new Microsoft surface pro and want to install photoshop Cs6. I have bought this software a while back and I came in a disc that I downloaded to my PC. So I got on to the Adobe website and told them that the surface pro doesn't have a disc drive so I gave them my license key and downloaded the software from Adobe and entered my number. Anyway when I open photoshop now on the surface pro its so small I can not read the tools. I have looked up the net on how to adjust this and to be able to do this I need to locate the file photoshop exe file but it is nowhere to be found. I have tried everywhere. I am a whole wk trying to solve this prop and it is doing my head in..

Please please help

THANKS Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

I've moved this thread from Photoshop Fix (Mobile App) to the general Photoshop forum. Note: I also updated the subject line to be more clear about the nature of the question.

There's no need to go twiddling with the .exe file in your system. Photoshop has built-in capability for adjusting to HiDPI displays.

In Windows, go to Edit > Preferences > Interface, then:

1. Adjust the UI Font Size (Tiny/Small/Medium/Large)
  2. Scale the UI to match the font by checking that option
  3. Click OK to save, then restart Photoshop

Screen shot here:

2019-06-04_07-51-38.png

I hope that helps,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware that option in not available in CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Micheal. Thank you for your reply. I have done what you suggested but Imaffraid that doesnt seem to work.. Do you have any other ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mike, your solution does not work --at least, it did not work for me.

Ged Trainor's solution, however, did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me, using Surface Pro 8, Windows 11, and Photoshop CS5...thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The surface uses a kind of monitor with very small pixels; support for this was not introduced until after CS6. Part of the joy of new hardware is all new apps... it is subscription only now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can find the Photoshop.exe file in this location

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6

Right click on the Photoshop.exe and select properties > compatibility > change high DPI settings

Then change the settings as per below

Then just create a shortcut and place it on your desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my question in the 1st place..I cant find the exe file. I can find on my pc but I cant find it on the surface pro.. Ill take a screen shot and show you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's this one

You need to have this checked to see the .exe bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok Thank you.. Will I just click on it and open it? Is the exe file located in there? Thank you for your help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just right click and follow my instructions above, once your done just right click again and select create shortcut and then copy that to your desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Sorry for begin a complete air head.. but I can be tech challenged sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click and select properties

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok So I done what you said and I got into properties and I clicked on the High DPI scalling override clicked on system but It came up access denied.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Administrator account on the PC, although I just tested with a standard account and it worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im totally lost now... I cant find the photoshop file now..Screenshot (4).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move it to the recycle bin by accident

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I had a look. May be if I uninstall it and then install it again I might locate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got it to change and it works with the shortcut, but when I open a photoshop file directly, it reverts back to the tiny UI. I tried changing the default app to the edited DPI one, but the issue persists. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the 32 bit version or 64 bit version of Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged, worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines