• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Turn off borderless printing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I permanently turn off "Borderless printing" in the print dialog page. Since upgrading my photoshop, its the default. I can create a custom setting, but if I change the paper size, it goes to default again. Is there any way to turn off or completely remove the borderless option. As a fine art printer, this feature is asinine and I would never use it and its now the default, arrgh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Community Help forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Borderless printing is a function of the printer driver, not Photoshop. You don't say what printer you are using, but is there a Save settings function in your driver?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Epson Stylus pro 9890 and a P9000. Saving the setting only works if I have the same size paper as the original save. I print to every size with 36" and 44" substrates from 8" to 100", so everytime I try and use a preset (and I update the size), it defaults to borderless. Eventually I will have every size custom saved onto my printer presets, and I will not have to change away from borderless. Is there a way to make "roll" the default for every time I use the print dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best way to automate this as much as possible is to creat a printing preset. To do this, open a file that you want to print, then go into the print dialogue settings and set it up the way you want. Make sure your changes stuck and have taken place. Now create a print preset. Next time you want to print, use this preset. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.34.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I do save as a preset, but as soon as I change the paper size, it defaults back to borderless. There are hundreds of paper sizes that I use. I have just upgraded my OS and have lost years of print size presets, so everytime I try and use a preset with a new paper size, I have to go and select "roll". Is there a way to make "roll" the default for every time I use the print dialog? I guess this is a Epson software question? or Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines