• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Type tool is typing the RTL (Dhivehi) reverse in Unicode fonts

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my Photoshop to Adobe Photoshop Version (2019): 20.0.1 and I am facing the following issue which I never faced before in Photoshop version 2018.

Problem is with Type tool

When I type using Dhivehi language of windows with Unicode dhivehi fonts (such as Mv Eemaan XP, MV Iyyu Formal etc.) in new verion it types reverse in Middle eastern and South Asian layout. Previously with these settings it typees correctly. Now after the new version it types totally opposite. For Example: If I write "Apple" it will type "elppA".  Below are some screenshots of the error.

Below are the Character and Paragraph settings which I am using to type the word and how it is typed with this version.

Below is how it should be with the same settings above.

It should write RTL .

I have tried all the possible ways to fix it, by resetting Photoshop, resetting type tool character and paragraph and restarting photoshop. If I use the previous version this is fine. If I try to edit a file I have made previously with previous version and if I goto edit the text, same problem happens.

Please help me to fix it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can you please try to  check this option ?

Go to Edit > Preferences > Type

Screenshot_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the option you mentioned and all the other possible options. Still the same problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution so far ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same problem too . its still not working but as u said 2018 PS works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can select English(Arabic) when installing the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Mac Os Catalina. Then i have downloaded the oldestest version of Photoshop that can be installed which is V20.0.8 (Middle East).  Since then, im facing the following issue which i never faced before in Photoshop version 2018 and earlier. 

Problem is with Type tool

When i type using Dhivehi language with Unicode dhivehi fonts (such as Mv Eemaan XP, MV Iyyu Formal etc.) it types reverse in Middle eastern and South Asian layout. Previously with these settings it typees correctly. Now after the new version it types totally opposite. For Example: If I write "Apple" it will type "elppA". 

To make it short let me share a community post with similar problem which never got solved: 

Photoshop Type tool is typing the RTL (Dhivehi) reverse in Unicode fonts

Yes i have tried latest version of PS. Same problem. 
illustrator & Photoshop has this problem. but indesign V14.0.3 works fine. 

Need urgent solution!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines