Highlighted

Photoshop Type tool is typing the RTL (Dhivehi) reverse in Unicode font

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Mac Os Catalina. Then i have downloaded the oldestest version of Photoshop that can be installed which is V20.0.8 (Middle East).  Since then, im facing the following issue which i never faced before in Photoshop version 2018 and earlier. 

Problem is with Type tool

When i type using Dhivehi language with Unicode dhivehi fonts (such as Mv Eemaan XP, MV Iyyu Formal etc.) it types reverse in Middle eastern and South Asian layout. Previously with these settings it typees correctly. Now after the new version it types totally opposite. For Example: If I write "Apple" it will type "elppA". 

To make it short let me share a community post with similar problem which never got solved: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-type-tool-is-typing-the-rtl-dhivehi-reverse-in-un...

Yes i have tried latest version of PS. Same problem. 
illustrator & Photoshop has this problem. but indesign V14.0.3 works fine. 

Need urgent solution!!

Topics

Enterprise, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop Type tool is typing the RTL (Dhivehi) reverse in Unicode font

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to Mac Os Catalina. Then i have downloaded the oldestest version of Photoshop that can be installed which is V20.0.8 (Middle East).  Since then, im facing the following issue which i never faced before in Photoshop version 2018 and earlier. 

Problem is with Type tool

When i type using Dhivehi language with Unicode dhivehi fonts (such as Mv Eemaan XP, MV Iyyu Formal etc.) it types reverse in Middle eastern and South Asian layout. Previously with these settings it typees correctly. Now after the new version it types totally opposite. For Example: If I write "Apple" it will type "elppA". 

To make it short let me share a community post with similar problem which never got solved: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-type-tool-is-typing-the-rtl-dhivehi-reverse-in-un...

Yes i have tried latest version of PS. Same problem. 
illustrator & Photoshop has this problem. but indesign V14.0.3 works fine. 

Need urgent solution!!

Topics

Enterprise, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?