Photoshop unable to save files december 09 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save files because of "because of a program error" how had been reported here. Also I restarted the computer and a Cannot read the preferences in this machine, appeared. 

Help please.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop unable to save files december 09 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save files because of "because of a program error" how had been reported here. Also I restarted the computer and a Cannot read the preferences in this machine, appeared. 

Help please.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this all day on big photoshop files. Also I can turn layers off and they go off, and then back on and they stay off. Whatever @Adobe have done in this latest update, they need to undo, because they have made my Mac incredibly buggy. Not impressed when I've got work to do. It's laggy, I have poor performance doing basic things. This is a 2019 Mac Pro 16 core with the pro vega GPU with 32gb ram. Should not have these issues. When are Adobe going to adequately support this Mac. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your saving issue, providing a few extra details can help with suggested solutions:

• Does the error appear with every file type or just one? (For example only with PSDs not JPGs)
  • Where are you saving the files (local hard drive, network, external drive)?
  • What's your Operating System?

For the preference issue, try reset your preferences. Here is a page on how to do that:
https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/reset-photoshop-preferences/ 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dean,

It is working now. 

Best regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote to fast. Just saved one PSD file. And the error message appeared again:

I am on Windows 10, trying to save PSD files on my local hard drive.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you saved the one file, what format was it? With the PSD, does it have a lot of layers, what types of PS effects do you have in the image? Tr compare what works in the th file that saves to the one that does not. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0