Highlighted

Photoshop undo lag, tool lag, brush lag.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this yet? i've seen this problem pop up in the community since ages...

problems i am encountering: Undo lags (1 second - 2second delay) same as this thread "Photoshop slightly lags/delays all the time... is this just how it is? , brush lag, tools lag, resizing a floating window lags and overall performance lag

Things i've tried:

Resetting preference - fixes everything for 20 seconds when launching photoshop, everything runs so smooth like how it should be then goes back to a laggy state.

the most noticeable thing is that my ctrl+alt+z (undo) function becomes super smooth then after working for a little bit it lags up again,

Pressing shift while starting photoshop to get rid of plug-ins or extension that might cause issue - seems to do a little bit better but becomes laggy after a while

Disabling OPENGL - seems to work a lot better but not as smooth as resetting preference and i need to have scrubby zoom and to be able to preview my digital art properly.. disabling opengl makes every line looks jagged.

Updating graphic card driver - doesn't do anything

Probably not a ram issue because i got 16 gb of ram, my graphic card uses a radeon 5000 series driver and my specs should at least run photoshop fluently if not optimized.

Surely if it works perfectly after resetting preference that at least means it is capable of not lagging? But i am not entirely sure what the issue is..

if there's no fix for this, can someone redirect me to the latest working photoshop version? I really need to get my illustration done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop undo lag, tool lag, brush lag.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone fixed this yet? i've seen this problem pop up in the community since ages...

problems i am encountering: Undo lags (1 second - 2second delay) same as this thread "Photoshop slightly lags/delays all the time... is this just how it is? , brush lag, tools lag, resizing a floating window lags and overall performance lag

Things i've tried:

Resetting preference - fixes everything for 20 seconds when launching photoshop, everything runs so smooth like how it should be then goes back to a laggy state.

the most noticeable thing is that my ctrl+alt+z (undo) function becomes super smooth then after working for a little bit it lags up again,

Pressing shift while starting photoshop to get rid of plug-ins or extension that might cause issue - seems to do a little bit better but becomes laggy after a while

Disabling OPENGL - seems to work a lot better but not as smooth as resetting preference and i need to have scrubby zoom and to be able to preview my digital art properly.. disabling opengl makes every line looks jagged.

Updating graphic card driver - doesn't do anything

Probably not a ram issue because i got 16 gb of ram, my graphic card uses a radeon 5000 series driver and my specs should at least run photoshop fluently if not optimized.

Surely if it works perfectly after resetting preference that at least means it is capable of not lagging? But i am not entirely sure what the issue is..

if there's no fix for this, can someone redirect me to the latest working photoshop version? I really need to get my illustration done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not mention the involved Photoshop version, OS version, hardware (apart from GPU and RAM), size and number of open images …

What are the Performance related settings and what have you done about them so far?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends, Im unfortunately having the exact same issue. To clarify a few details: While drawing and painting in the latest version of Photoshop 2019 on my wacom cintiq pro, i will get random hangs while pressing the hotkey to undo.

I tend to undo a couple times to get a precise line and thats when the hang will  (possibly) happen. Its not every time I undo, but can occur several times in a couple minutes, in several different PSDs (different resolutions, sometimes multiple docs open, a wide variety of combinations).

I use a variety of brushes, generally simple ones, and always basic erasers. This occurs when using keyboard shortcuts AND my wacom cintiq pro EK Controller. Ive used Edit/Purge. Ive messed around with perf and scratch disk settings. Ive monitored my hardware. Done a slew of other troubleshooting suggestions.

Only a week or two ago, I did a full Windows 10 reinstall including my wacom drivers, new settings, and all Adobe products.

Help help!

Basic Specs:

Win 10 1903

64 GB DDR4 RAM

2 x GTX 1080 GPUs

Intel Core i7-6850K

Wacom Cintiq Pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tannerellison,

That shouldn't be happening as Photoshop CC 2019 is lagging while drawing using a Wacom Cintiq, could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop CC 2019 )like 20.0.5) are you using?

Also, we have compiled a list of most cases and causes discussing when, why and how Photoshop might run slow or lags while using a tablet. Could you please take a look at this article Photoshop lags, freezes, or runs slowly  and let us know if the steps mentioned helps in resolving the issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution, I am getting the exact problem.

Photoshop will hang when I control+z while using my stylus.

My computer is also very capable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem and Disabling the "Use the Windows Ink" inside the Wacom Tablet Properties/Mapping section with Photoshop removed the undo lag.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long time issue with Wacom tablets (Cintiq and Intuos) with different PS versions and different Win systems/hardware. 

Joanp solution works, no lag, but also kills the pressure sensitivity, when I turn off the "Use Windows Ink", not really an option. 

Edit: I found a solution to keep the pressure sensitivity with PS when turning off "UWI", it worked for me, maybe it helps you also - https://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blog/wacom-tablet-how-to-disable-windows-ink-keep-pressure-sens... 
Wacom, Windows and Adobe Products do not seem to go well together, at least for me, there is always some strange issues with sensitivity, with, lags, interactive anchor points, etc  (PS and AI). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same problem and have not been able to find a fix. My keyboard shortcuts work fine for a bit after Photoshop installs and then after a couple of projects there will start to be a lag every time I use them. I have even gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall different versions of Photoshop & build my shortcuts from scratch each time. Everything works fine for a bit and then goes right back to the same lag problem. It was happening on my 2017 computer and this week I just got a new computer. I thought the problem was solved for a minute but alas, it started happening again. It's crippling! 

I'm currently on the 2019 Macbook Pro

2.4 Ghz 8 Core Intel Core i9

64 GB RAM

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Running OS Catalina 10.15.4 & Photoshop 21.1.3

When I was on my old computer I did not have this problem when I was running the 2019 version of Photoshop. Once I upgraded to the 2020 version I have not been able to shake this problem. Most of the time I'm working on jpeg files that arent any bigger than 10mb and I only need a handful of layers to complete them so I know I'm not giving Photoshop any tasks that are too large to handle. Pls help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a simple case of PS contracting a case of Microsoft syndrome. It comes on when a company invents a product that becomes a staple in the industry, like Rockstar with GTA5, Microsoft with windows/Xbox, Apple with the Iphone .etc.

The company knows that no matter how crappy the product is, or what kinda dealbreaker glitches, bugs, or restrictions the product has, people will still continue to buy it up like zero dollar oil stocks. So although their poor underpaid CSR's in India will never tell you, the company could care less about it's customers, they got your money and that's all that matters..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0