• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop undoes anything I do unless I do it quickly (Photoshop 2020)

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only found one thread on the issue I'm experiencing and it was never solved (and also was from over a year ago). Basically, as the title would suggest, photoshop wont let me do anything that takes an amount of time to execute. Creating new layers, choosing a new tool, clicking once with a brush, those all work fine (though very occasionally they don't), but anything else seems to only work if I do it quickly. For example:
Menus (such as creating a new file, opening a file, save as, adjustments to hue/brightness/etc) - If I spend more than about a second in a menu (for example, to type the name to save my file as) it will do nothing as if i'd canceled out of the menu.

Drawing with a brush - a brush stroke starts and then suddenly stops following my cursor after a seemingly unpredictable amount of time. After this point if I let go of the mouse (or pen when using a tablet) the brush stroke disappears.

Pasting from outside sources simply doesn't work, the option to paste is greyed out and ctrl+V does nothing.

Moving a layer or object - Moving an object too much makes it snap back to its original position when I let go. Sometimes it seems as though moving the object too far makes it do this, sometimes it seems as though moving it for too long does this, I can't really tell.

The broadness of these issues has me puzzled, because I cant imagine anything in the preferences could lead to this many problems. I've tried the following to fix the problems with no such luck:

• Restarting the application
  • Reinstalling the application, without saving preferences (this seemed to fix things until I opened the application the second time)
  • Rebooting my computer
  • Using the legacy new document menu did not solve the problems with creating a new document

I'm using Photoshop 2020 with the most recent updates, and running it on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me most likely that another app is "waking up" and taking control of the mouse. It's clearly not related to the tablet because it also happens with a mouse. I am sometimes driven mad by menus closing, but for this I tend to blame my mouse/mouse control. 

I  suggest that the failure to paste is not related. What sort of content are you trying to paste, from what app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the menus thing, I guess I phrased that poorly. The menu doesn't close on its own, but if I finish my work in the menu (such as pressing OK to save my file or create a new one), it doesnt do anything, as if I'd pressed "cancel" instead.

For pasting, the only times I can remember are from pasting an image I copied from a browser window, but I think that pasting from a different program such as MS Paint would do the same. Pasting seems to only work if it's something I copied from photoshop in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines