Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop update 22.2 crashing on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm opening Photoshop from Lightroom with the menu "Edit in Photoshop...", then I can edit the picture, and when I'm happy with my work, I save the picture. But instead of saving, it's crashing!

That's a new bahavior detected in latest update.

I tried to uninstall PS, then reboot the PC, then reinstall but the problem is still there.

I'm working like that for years now, and I'm blocked in the middle of my workflow because of this bug.

What's the hell with this 22.2 version??

Help needed!

Regards,

FranƧois

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in LR CC or LR Classic?

And if you open the Image from the Explorer directly with PS ā€“ does it also crash?

Can you try to open/edit the RAW file from BRIDGE ā€“> to Photoshop, please?

(I wouldn't say its a bug so fast)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic.

I'm saying this is a bug linked to this version, because if I uninstall the 22.2 and replace it with the previous one, it works fine. And I don't use Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop 22.2 was crashing after some minutes too. It also was making my Windows 10 restart. I just reinstalled version 21.1.1 and it is working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I belive it is something related to Preset Syncing. Whenever I try to disable Preset Syncing, a dialog box pops up asking if I want to keep the presets saved in the cloud. Whenever I click YES or NO, Photoshop stops responding and starts consuming all memory available until the entire Windows crashes. The same thing happens with version 22.3. I must roll back to version 21.1.1 to be able to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the problem adding the line "PresetSync 0" to the PsUserConfig.txt file in the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines